Word - Justify Annoyance

I’ve come across a massive annoyance in Word when trying to set my work as justified in a document.

When working in my current document, for some reason, when I start typing now, the cursor moves to the right of the screen and data enters from the right to left.

However, starting a new document gives the behaviour I want, which is for the writing to appear from left to right as normal.

I cant find a way to correct this and it’s thoroughly annoying. Does anyone know how to stop it? (short of typing it all out in left justify then switching to full justify when done?)

What version of Word are you using D?

And sorted it now. I’d already noticed if I pressed return, it would snap back to the left. Turns out if you go back onto the line and start writing again, it’s as normal. Easiest solutions often elude us lol.

Glad I could help :smiley: :chuckle:

There’s a justification type, the name of which eludes me, where the white space on each line is expanded so the text on both right and left is even. They use it often for press releases, magazine articles, etc. Could have been that was turned on at the end of the paragraph. Sometimes font, justification, and such will be different at the end of a document than in the middle of the text. Hard to know it’s there until you start typing.

Egad, that’s what I’m using yes. It makes a thesis/report look nice, in fact, I don’t even know why the other options exist :stuck_out_tongue:

Tis all sorted now and I know how to fix it in the future lol.