Behold the magnificence

In car television, not one but TWO sound systems, contrasting trim in shades of grim and finished in road safety week yellow…

Have a before shot as an appetiser

For the detailing phase I`m not sure which brand of clay bar to use, follow up with an ethically sourced lambswool wash mitt and perhaps three coats of Meguiars Showgrade turd polish ?

Suggestions welcome but are likely to be ignored
:slight_smile:

keep the “pattina” :lol:

How much were you paid to take that?

Nothing.
I just matched the price ASM offered and got free delivery to TFW towers.

It scrubbed up well, I would show you but Flickr is being a SLOW FLICKR.

And Finally Flickr shows up to the party, fashionably late with not even a mumbled excuse

ASM = scrapyard?

Bit of t-cut, it’ll be fine …

Yep, breakers with a web site

https://parts.asm-autos.co.uk/parts-breaking-tyres/find/Jaguar/S+TYPE/S+Type+1998+To+2007/ALL/ALL/Electrical/

a few do now - although none appear to have the part I really want to have in the “just in case” box :frowning:

There’s a very specific Jag only breakers yard that are still on the lookout for an expansion tank that isn’t broken on the seal. Not sure how long my bodge fix is going to last. I suspect not the 2000 miles I really need it to.

So given the current weigh in prices, you have a car to tinker with for under three figures? The TV and spare stereo ofc added for weight :smiley:

They have an expansion tank here https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/37795399
No bids

they re-arranged the bay and tank size and position really early in the life of the s-type - they start to alter around 2002 as they realised the original was so bad - and now they’ve even stopped making the same shape, so it’s a proper bodge, even from factory! That’s why the pre 2002 s-types appear to be so cheap, there were so many things adjusted in the first facelift and without a significant amount of work to accommodate the new layouts and with no spares being made by third parties, the end up as stock cars. At least that’s my guess - although given the rust they suffer from, I can’t imagine they would last long in a stock car arena!

How’s flik3r doing?

aha - flick3r woke up !

looks great, zero street cred, a perfect first car.

It started with a new battery, a splash of unleaded and half a dozen cycles of the ignition key to prime the injectors.

It moves forwards
It moves backwards
Its spins its teeny wheels
One radio doesnt fit so will probably go in the skip
The original radio fits and it worked although it stopped working then next time I started the car.
It appears to be asking for a code which presents two problem

• I do not have a code for it
  • two thirds of the display is knackered.

Both items are bound for the metal skip.

The 12v camping TV works as a radio and for giggles it even works as a TV but not very well since nobody is broadcasting any more, its other issue will be I left it next to a construction of super magnets having completely forgotten what they do to a CRT.

1 Like

Is this the new TFW Bangbus ?

Just an impulse buy, I have three more from Witney auctions, some are not yellow.
Some have K-Series engines, Some may have no roof.

Not sure which to work on first but just for giggles the Galaxy lost third gear completely on the way to work one day.
On the way home it fed the missing bits of third to all the other gears, the noise at 70Mph* was quite astonishing, like the later stages of cooking popcorn, I am very curious as to what will be inside the box when I swap it out.

*may have been more, may have been less

K-Series…
Invest in a bulk quantity of head gaskets, and the necessary tools to change them.

Sarge.

Lalalalalala I’m not listening, dazzled by its shinyness

It has only broken down the once so far!

grep 1024 15778 |cut -d"=" -f2|cut -d’"’ -f2

I may have done a thing to the Jag

That isn’t going to fool any MOT testers you know, painting the top half rust coloured isn’t going to stop them finding rust underneath.

Or has it gone Ginger ?

GAS and the GJ sounds like a bad ventriloquist act.

Have you done the otherside as well ?

It’s the Pantone colour of Garfield! You’re not the first to say it’s a match for my hair :blush:

Full car done, ready for the rally to start on Thursday.

p.s. those Rovers are hilarious if you tea-tray the rear wheels on a good car park …

SSSSssshhhhh!

Elder son is driving the 414 at the moment as his much newer Ford Focup has decided to abandon having brakes.
Changing the vacuum unit on a Focup with Aircon is something of a challenge, A man with a certificate has to extract the aircon gas if there is any left.

I blame the Ecoweenies

or it just develops a leak :innocent: those jubilee clips on high pressure pipes can rust and cause the pipe to “fall” off

*falling off may involve, grips, pulling really hard and some swearing

I have the perfect BangBus replacement for you @MrTFWitt

One of the teams has had to pull out of doing the rally, despite the car being fine - other unfortunate reasons.

So this may be up for sale soon … SCOOBY SNACKS