Calling Ogamers Past and Present

We had lots of fun when the game was new to us (back in 2005), we were all Noobs in a brave new world, racing each other to get the biggest colony, build the first Battleship, and then get the elusive Grav tech (and those RIPs) :smiley:

I guess at a certain point the interest dropped, whether players reached a point where it was harder to progress, whether RL time constraints made playing (with large fleets) difficult, or whether some players just reached their personal set goals and called it a day, or the over zealous Mods turned players away, whatever the reason it all drifted apart leaving just a handfull of players ā€˜going through the motionsā€™ in between long periods of Vacation Mode.

So, the new Uni 47 (named Draco) opened yesterday - another of the ā€˜new designā€™ Unis - and I was wondering if there would be any interest in a gang of us Old School guys getting together and having a bash at re creating those far off days of fun.
A new Uni (with some different gameplay ideas apparently) where you wonā€™t need to initially spend 24/7 managing the account, and the chance to bring back those days of " hey Iā€™ve got 10 Cruisers now :p"

Itā€™s just a thought, might work or it might not, heck we may not even like the new design and features anyway :lol:

Might be a giggle. Just finishing a course in Crewe, so will have a look when I get back home later on.

A giggle, thatā€™s what its all about, fun :wink:

If we get a nice number interested we can all sign up at the same time, and hope to get grouped near each other to start with :slight_smile:

Id rather wait for uni 50ā€¦

hmmm, Iā€™m intrigued, whatā€™s so special about Uni 50 Noel ?

although the way they open them lately itā€™s only about 3 weeks away :lol:

Speciel Uni like uni 35. People are saying its the new verison, ā€œredsignā€ but non-acs as all unis from 10 or soemthing are acs.

also a speed uni, x2/x5

Some other things like More than 30% into df.

Should be a blast

Not bothered about the extra features, a level playing field would be nice.
Knowing there are no deathstars about for a couple of weeks should give you a chance to get turtled up Noel.

I might change my account to be dressed in Grogman Battle Colours(v) and have a dabble with the new Uni.

Question is When ?

Signed in as player name droid (obviously :rolleyes: :D). Just building a Solar plantā€¦and weā€™re off!!! :chuckle:

Created a new Alliance called TPR just in case. Join up!! Your Team needs you!! :smiley:

OK, seeing as Droid was in a hurry to get going, Iā€™m in :smiley:

come on TFW :wink:

Knock Knockā€¦

Sod it, you all twisted my arm, Incommiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

named Sanguinius as always

All applications accepted. Welcome aboard team! :smiley: Anyone else want in, just knock.

Alliance page updated with new logo
http://draco.ogame.org/game/ainfo.php?allyid=254

The interface is a bit better.
Going to take a while to get ships though

It is taking ages to build anything. Just have to be patient until we can afford Robotics factories. that should help things along.

BTW donā€™t view other systems just yet as it costs you 10 deut each time!! :eek:

Hee hee, itā€™s actually quite funny clicking on the facilities tab, then Shipyard (to build it) and seeing the message ā€˜requirements are not metā€™

The new shiny front end takes a few goes to find where things are, but itā€™s something to do while waiting for that Power Plant lvl 2 to build :lol:

ā€¦ oh and Iā€™ve turned off the animated stuff in options, no idea if it helps or not :shrug:

well as always i have commander, so build queues = win

and i will have a mahuusive fleet in no time just like always

metal 4 crystal 1 deut 0 solar 3==>4 as we speak

Something to think about in these new unis ā€¦

It seems (from reading the Ogame boards when bored) that itā€™s a VERY cutthroat experience, as the players first to cargos will farm ANYTHING in sight.

Iā€™m wondering whether to throw some Rocket launchers up first as a deterrent - so they farm the easier ones :chin:

And Iā€™ll probably pass on the LF & HF ships and go straight for Cruisers after Small Cargos :smiley:

They wonā€™t find much on my planet. Iā€™m spending it as fast as I make it! :smiley:

ooooh, just had a thought ā€¦ itā€™s an ACS uni so with our (limited & nooby :wink: ) Ogame experience we should be able to pull off a few nice joint attacks, and hopefully a couple of defensive ninjas :smiley:

I think we will each need an Alliance Depot for the defense one though, to enable the ā€˜friendlyā€™ fleet to station at the target planet ?

ā€¦ anybody got Deut to trade yet ? :lol: