Changing A lightbulb at TPR

how many members of TPR to change i lightbulb

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” … another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lamp”
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb” is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s
3 to post about links they found from the URL’s that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “Me too”
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”
13 to say “do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”
1 to hijack the thread and ask how to change the horn
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

I saw the title and immediately thought someone (the 6 month lurker) had resurrected the origional :smiley:

Arrrh but you see this thread proves there an option not on the orginal
list so therefore this is a very valid post :nod: :wink:

LOL now we need a lighting section!

i think we should tick off the list as we go

Is it an energy saving bulb? We should use one…Less energy and needs changing less often…

however you must ask the question, will it be as bright and therefore sufficiently light the room

Going by my experiences with energy saving bulbs, indeed it’ll be fine. A 20W ES bulb = a 100W non ES bulb.

And a 100W is quite bright…

Yes, yes, but let’s not make the bulb(lamp) too bright…it’s just too hard on my eyes.

Alright then…what about a 12W Energy saving one? Thats a 60W non ES one…

I’d like it to be a 200W bulb, not bothered if it’s ES or not :slight_smile:

It has to be bright in here, otherwise some guys may start wandering about wearing a dress, or high heels, or even lipstick :eek:

… best make it 400W to be on the safe side :lol:

Rather than wasting all this time on light bulbs just pile all you stuff in the middle of the room and set it on fire. That should make things bright.

yes but my house insurance doesnt cover open fires, only nuclear explosions so sorry i cant afford that

Save energy buy a candle :chuckle:

I thought the same wolram :smiley:

I’d like it to be a 200W bulb, not bothered if it’s ES or not

It has to be bright in here, otherwise some guys may start wandering about wearing a dress, or high heels, or even lipstick

thats a rather distressing leap of thought from light bulbs to transvestism Wolly, is there some Freudian connection we should know about? (or should we start calling you Gwendoline?)

When you reach my age mate, you tend to try and avoid sudden shocks :smiley:

I’ve no idea who would do such things … but I try to be prepared, just in case :wink:

oh, and … ** get off my damn porch ** :lol:

Do they do 200W light bulbs?

dunno :confused:

might be easier to get 3 x 60W bulbs in a triple socket - then if one blows it doesn’t matter, no-one has to change it :lol:

but you will hae a light out and that is nt so god it would annoy me soo much