Docking finished.... SIMAP will be finishing at the end of the year!!!

Damn!!! Docking finished and now this!!! :frowning:

SIMAP is currently moving towards new algorithms for similarity calculations and scoring. After extensive tests and evaluations during the last months it turned out that the best way to continue SIMAP will be to use dedicated local hardware in our institute. SIMAP will therefore use BOINC only to maintain the current SIMAP database until the end of 2014. BOINC clients for the new SIMAP database will not be released and there will be no workunits for SIMAP after 2014. After 10 very successful years of SIMAP within BOINC this decision was not an easy one for us. However, we thank all users for their support in the past and in the upcoming last period until the end of the year.

Cheers
Thomas

I’m going to concentrate on SIMAP until the end, with Rosetta as a backup for when SIMAP runs out of work. As a team we are currently @ #43. Let’s hope we can finish in the top 50.

SIMAP are currently preparing new WU for June

Shame, but I haven’t crunched it in a while. I had issues getting work and in the end gave up and switched to Rosetta, so not a great loss for me personally.

I’ve got my resource share high for SIMAP (750+) and at 1 for Rosetta so if any SIMAP WU’s are available it gets them, otherwise it takes Rosetta. Haven’t had many WU’s over the last week, but have been getting the occasional ones.

That was my problem. hence reverting back to Rosetta. I’d rather be crunching something than waiting for a project to release data for me to crunch

I’m shifting all efforts over to Rosetta@home in stead of messing around with other projects that are going to be shutting down soon :slight_smile: Having less and less time to fiddle with the crunchers these days I just want them to crack on and work without me having to touch them :slight_smile:

Real shame Simap is going too… always had a soft spot for it…

Originally set a target of top 500 and 1.5 million before the end, well passed 1.5mill a short while ago and now top 500… but I’m adjusting my target to 2 million and possibly 2.5 if they keep it going to the end of the year. It’s now October and there is still WU from the August campaign.

LOL… the day after I post this the WU run dry and probably won’t be any more for about 2 weeks!!! :wall:

Oh well. It was a good run for you Fiend. Nice going anyway m8! :thumbsup:

LOL… and suddenly there was work again!!!

The current batch has been going 2 months and from what SIMAP posted earlier this year they still have another 2 batches to do, so at my current rate 2.5mill should be achievable.

Sweet!! :smiley: Always nice to have a round number to finish on :slight_smile:

Thought I could use more heating at home now, so dusted off a cruncher (18 months since last login!) and put that on SIMAP since I’ve not done that before. Probably wont stick around but thought I’d see what it is like. Not aiming for much, perhaps top 40 in team before moving on.

Welcome back mackerel!!!

All numbers crunched count Mackerel. SIMAPs a good project and easy WUs to run too. :slight_smile:

Well, I have passed 2.5 million and I think there is still 1 batch of WU’s to be released… I’m now starting to think 3 million is possible as is top 300. And as a team we have a good chance of a top 40 finish.

SIMAP have just announced they are down to the final batch of WU’s, and there is only about 5 days worth left to be distributed so it looks like my new 3 million target is out the window…

Looking like SIMAP will issue the last of the remaining WU’s within the next hour, then all that will be left will be re-issues…

#40 as a team looks safe, not bad for a project that that only had 48 team members crunch it and currently only has 6 active members running it. :smiley:

Currently got 8 crunchers running including my lappy and 2 x HTPC, but going to reduce to 5 after SIMAP finishes.

Shortly after posting the above they ran out… :frowning:

:frowning: Aww! Never mind Fiend. Was a good run considering :thumbsup:

What now? Well, now that Simap has finished I’ve decided to split resources and now I’m going to run a mixture of Rosetta@home, Malariacontrol@home and Poem@home and of course GPUGRID with WCG as a backup if the others run low on WU’s.

Seems like a good plan to share your resources