Err what happened to M@tt

kids tbh :frowning:

/me wanders inā€¦

ah nothing like mature adult debate is there

/me wanders out wandering whats in the water of this place

Personallyā€¦ I think Iā€™m getting too old for ā€œonline communitiesā€. :rolleyes:

Good luck with this TPR and everyone else too! :cheers:

I dunno. You lot!!

I take a break from the forums for a couple of days and this happens :mad:

Come on back soon yā€™all or happy trails if you really must.

Only been here a min (for the first time in eons) & it feels like I never left :eyes:

Does that mean you going to hang about :devil: :deal:

Repoā€¦ Only been here a min (for the first time in eons) & it feels like I never left

havent been here for awhile. Heck I even forget how to quote: But I agree with Repo. Nothing changes, If you think back, older members might remember when I started not posting as much and why. I started checking forums again but not posting 1 month ago. Then started to post here and there. I have seen many nice people and good friends leave. Yhis is not fun anymore. I am thinking about just leaving what little work I have done for TPR with TPR and forgetting about it. Its a shame cause I have grown to love this place. It amased me how everyone got along so good when I first showed up. I even posted about that. But now !!!. It just disturbes me how friends can get like this. Well then here is Custard to all (miss him too) and Ill see you all laterā€¦

Matt - Please come back we miss you - you have been with the team a long time :frowning:

Plus who is going to nag the Balrog about the decorating :smiley:

Make your custard supply be never ending and your turnips grow in plentifull supply :nod:

These forums are all about you get back what you put in, imo. You post a ā€œits not funā€, then its not fun. You ignore the spattle and post fun, and things become fun, because thats what you make it.

Translations of the above to something that makes sense available on request :lol:

DT.

I was going to leave without saying anything as I donā€™t want TRP to suffer anymore harm than needed, butā€¦

Please donā€™t speak for me without at least asking me :wink: as Mulda and DT have.

My leaving had nothing to do with Juggy, I was a little annoyed with Juggy as when I was putting a lot of effort into getting the whole Bonic TPR thing going (not just me, others were putting effort in as well), IMO Juggy was being a little negative. If you put a lot of effort into something, you do tend to get a little annoyed when a fellow team Mod puts it down. It flamed up a little as I was not as tactful as I should have been, all my fault and I did say sorry the Juggy at the time :slight_smile:

I totally agreed that something should be done to breath a little fire into the team, hell, I would have voted for both a Mojo and the Major if it was done correctly :wink: I will not say anymore, but a lot of people do know the whole truth of how this came about.

If people were around at the conception of TRP, the whole idea, was to create a team of equalā€™s, where the size of your crunching ability did not reflect on your status within the team and the team was meant to have the least amount of ā€œmanagementā€ as possible, thatā€™s why we formed the team in the first place, to get away from all that, or at least thatā€™s what I thought?

If anyone can remember, It was me that made a very public stand against our last team leader, because I was fed up with the way we were being treated and in fact, the last straw for me, was when PMM left due to his treatment over his statement in siggy ā€œsupporting his team all the wayā€ ( it was written too big, with the new siggy rules)

The cost of the team were paid for by those that could afford to contribute, know one owned the team, members put what effort they could into the team, when they could.

So the end of any speculation, I have left because I donā€™t like what TRP has become.
I really do wish you all the best and will not post here again, that is if know one speaks for me :smiley: (Sorry Rids, DT and Mulda, I know Iā€™m not helping posting this)

Good luck in the further guys and most of the time itā€™s been great fun here, sorry I left leaving people in any doubt :slight_smile:

EDIT @ THe Bolrog, we can still play ā€œboatsā€ if you wish, mail me when you have a spare moment.

I see where youā€™re coming from M@tt and I respect your decision. But do you really think youā€™re going to find anywhere better that TPR, however flawed and imperfect it may seem?

Ditto.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Live long & prosper.

Well I donā€™t see myself as speaking for you m@tt

And I have not said in anyway you leaving was to do with Juggy but that Juggy issue did have you looking elsewhere at the time and you did stop posting for a while any many things said via PMā€™s.

Anyway what has TPR become ?

Its still nothing like ocUK we do not impose restrictions do we ?
we donā€™t mute people oppions do we ?
we donā€™t delete stuff unless it really crosses the line do we ?
We allow people to have there say dont we ?

Can you really blame people for wanting to help TPR ? on serveral occasions your views via PMā€™s have been the same as mine that TPR in essance had lost its way and gone quite.

This had been the view of many others and ended up leading upto recent events.

Was it wrong to care ? or should we have left be, content moaning behind closed doors in PMā€™s etc etc rather than dealing with matters.

Maybe all of this should have happened sooner rather than later!! then we would not have got to this? and the comments expressed in PMā€™s about certain people (<Not talking Juggy here>) would not have been said or thought of.

Iā€™m sure you read the comments from thread of the quoted above about the positives.

The shaking of the bag so to speak has fire some people passions back up is that not good?

I do not see Mojo or Maojc being anything more or less equal than anyone else but for many including myself I feel I need people like this in team leader role.

its peopleā€™s own perception that defineā€™s the meaning of team leader is it not? some may think of it as people wanting power, others may see people wanting to help for others they are motivators.

I work in a production factory of 400 people we have large structure (Team Leaders) are seen as motivators/helpers not people wanting power as there is no power to gain.

Iā€™m in a role I have a manager I work for but my job is not defined by what my manager wantā€™s, my manager does not even get involved with the main part of my job but is there for guidance if/when I require it, I work with and guided by the Planning manager and production Director more than my own manager.

I need people to guide me, but the relivance of who they are does not dictate how they are seen by me and I do not
see tham as being power hungry or better than me but i like that sort of structure.

We have 2 admin / 14 super mods / 2 team leaders of those 18 we have 14 classed as mods to a forum and 2 floaters unassigned.

we are small hense why we have a higher degree of supermods as we do not need lots and lots of mods for the few
forums we have.

unlike where you have moved to which in essance has a more visable modding presence having some 56 mods
3 admin and 3 supermods and enough on-line mods that those off line are not noticed as a good presence is kept.

These are my last words over recent event, if you want to see anyone here thats holding a certain position
as being one up on anyone and holding so called power or being in some sort of power crazy control thats your choice.

Iā€™ll let everyone into a little secretā€¦ Thatā€™s one of the reasons I stepped down as a mod because certain
people held that view and it saddend me that they thought that way when all we do is try and help.

I, as well. Sorry. I would rather be homeless than face the same thing that I have to in RL everyday. One I have no choice. In this, I do. It was fun while it lasted.

I canā€™t believe this, really.
Are we all just going to walk away?

TPR? Yeah used to be alright, but now all those memories, all that fun, all that hard work and effort are all meaningless?

Really? So none of this matters huh?

GET A GRIP PEOPLE.

If your response to a new mod structure, a new mood, new members, new projects, in fact any change to TPR is ā€œsod this Iā€™m walking awayā€ - what does that say?

Fine, if TPR is just a meaningless pile of junk then go, please with my blessing. I hope www.nirvana.com really does exist for you - no really I do. And I mean - with my blessing. If we canā€™t keep you happy then by all means go and find someone who can. Obviously TPR is not for you.

This argument/exodus/recrimination/argument/short period of calm happens every six months or so. Donā€™t letā€™s kid ourselves that this is all new, it isnā€™t. It has been happening since TPR was first born.

The reason it happens is quite simple - the mod/admin team, mindful of the initial exodus from OcUK, set themselves up to please everyone. Newsflash - it was never going to happen. By trying to please all we have pleased no-one. Thatā€™s changed now. It has to. Itā€™s life. Just deal with it.

So, sorry to sound harsh but if youā€™re storing up your grand resignation speech - crack on. I wonā€™t be reading it. :wave: have fun, feel free to come back if you find cowpats in the lush green grass wherever you go. Weā€™ll welcome you. Until then, cya!

For the people left here who care about the team - letā€™s get on with it eh? Say a teary goodbye to all who move on, say a cheery hello to all new joiners. And weā€™ll crunch on as we always have. Because to be together and achieve things together is why we are here.

If my post is offensive to you - sorry, Iā€™m tired of walking on eggshells. If folks donā€™t want to be here they should have the decency to just go. Find your path. TPR will find itā€™s path just as well without you.

Not I, been here from the start and iā€™ll be here at the end !

Iā€™m with you on this one

I agree with Mojo completely.

One thing that is getting to me is all this talk of ā€œhow great things used to beā€. Hasnā€™t anyone taught you the dangers of living in the past? Everyone has to move on and be willing to accept change, if you donā€™t, then you just stagnate. Yes ok, TPR was formed because of the stuff going on at the Darksideā„¢ but for those of you that think we are going the same road as them, I think not. We will never be like that (and yes my nick is banned from there). Like mojo said, the admin/mods tried to please everyone when TPR was formed as they were all so mindful of everything that happened in the Darksideā„¢ but (and this is my own personal opinion) in doing so, it seems that by trying to please all the members all of the time, it did infact create some spoilt brats. I am not pointing at anyone in particular at all, but if your thinking is ā€œthis is not what I want, if I donā€™t get what I want, then Iā€™m goneā€ then yes, maybe that spoilt brat cap fits you. Now this is no way admin/mods fault for trying to please everyone, as any parent will tell you, sometimes you do things just to keep the peace and to stop a tantrum from occuring (dear knows both Barry & I have done it on my occasions with our 3 :rolleyes: )

I am sad to see members leave and have spoken to a couple of you and told you that I really hope you will come back, but if you donā€™t, then I wish you all the best and hope to still be able to chat to you on msn/irc.

There will always be differences of opinions on here (or anywhere) it is a fact of life, but what you have to remember is, no matter the outcome, whether it be what opinion you chose or not, compromise and being able to accept things and give them a try are what counts.

So think long and hard about it please people. If you are leaving because of all the differences of opinion, then I am sorry but you will never ever get every single member agreeing to the same thing, and I will be sorry to see you go. If you are leaving because a decision didnā€™t go the way you want it to, have a think, and remember the words ā€œcompromiseā€ and ā€œchangeā€. But then again, this isnā€™t RLā„¢ is it? You can say b******s to it all, cause after all, itā€™s not real, weā€™re not real people and we donā€™t have feelings, do we?

I am absolutely and completly disgusted with the whole mess.

What has anyone got to say that is upbeat and positive for a change? If you think pastures are greener elsewhere so be it. What have Mojo and I done to be treated so poorly? All we ever wanted to do is bring back some of that past fire, that was the original TPR. Now this seems to be a place where just old women come to whine about all their aches and pains.

I for one will not contribute further to this thread or any others that have whiners in them. You donā€™t like what is happening then change it, otherwise you are more of the problem than the solution. I will however contribute all I can to any and every thread that is in the spirit of TPR.

We are a democratic forum, so start making suggestion for what you want to happen, or hold your piece or leave. It makes no impact on my opinion of what TPR should be! I will listen to any positive recommendation that anyone has, but all this downer/leaver carp is not ā€œmy cuppa teaā€.

Just remember that you canā€™t please all the people all the time.

Well said Mojo. :nod:

Now lets get on with itā€¦ :smiley:

Yep wholey agree mojo hids and MAOJC. This place wonā€™t get better if we all go running from it :agree: