Immigration

An update to my post in 'this General Election thingy … ’ Soz - don’t know how to link. If a mod would like to link, feel free.

Our uninvited guest is still here, though her visa ran out on the 11th.
We’ve had one call from the Special Consulate Services at the American Embassy in London, and the lass there “can’t tell me much”. privacy. Sheesh.

The young lady who’s our ‘guest’ has had a few phone calls from them, and she says she’s been told that she needs to provide three State side contacts for the American Embassy Special Consulate Services to phone who might take her in.

None of her relatives will, but a friend of hers is trying to get her into a ‘half way house’ in the states, but this safe-place needs to ‘approve’ her. If and when they do, she’ll get a small income, a small self-contained flat, and counciling to ‘address the roots of her homelessness’

In effect, the American embassy won’t give her a Federal Loan back to the states unless she has an address to go back to (I guess otherwise they won’t get paid back)

That’s just plain daft. I had hoped (assumed) at the very least that if someone overstayed their Visa that they’d be shipped out and it was an American problem.

Comment.

I’d scoffed at claims that people who get into the UK illegally or overstayed visa’s would be able stay.

They’re unable to work, get health benefits, health care, unemployment benefits, national insurance numbers or ‘social security’. Their not able to even stop at homeless shelters in the uk, nor can they get social housing. Not one ‘charity’ is interested.

Apparently, they are able to stay as long as someone supports them.

Give her 10 quid and buy her a cheap one way and drop her on it.

Sounds like the best way out for you.

Good luck with that Situation wheelie,
Although I agree with the major,
Get her over there then it’s their problem :slight_smile:

Although it’s scary how anoyone can come over, and over stay their visa and thats it,
They are absically residents from that point on.

Nuts.

Andy.

As an overstayer you should now be in the position where you can report her to the UK Border Agency- who should deport her as on over-stayer.

[QUOTE=andylamb;452053]Good luck with that Situation wheelie,
Although I agree with the major,
Get her over there then it’s their problem :slight_smile:

Although it’s scary how anoyone can come over, and over stay their visa and thats it,
They are absically residents from that point on.

Nuts.

Andy.[/QUOTE]

Quite a few “illegals” actually come into the country on legitimate “holiday” visas and then disappear.

It would seem that it’s true.

I’ve emailed the Border Agency, and the American Special Consulate. No reply so far. Again.

Now a chuffin’ Volcano

Beer, methinks.

[QUOTE=wheelieslug;452074]It would seem that it’s true.

I’ve emailed the Border Agency, and the American Special Consulate. No reply so far. Again.

Now a chuffin’ Volcano

Beer, methinks.[/QUOTE]

How about phoning the Border Agency and reporting her.

Hmmm, free room and board… have you room for another? :wink:

:haha: :haha:

I’ve not got a lot to add really, shocked that the relatives won’t take her back in. She must have really upset them. Have you spoken to them, or are you taking her word? What age are we talking here, I seem to recall it was your boy who kinda invited her over?

DT.

Well then, this calls for more drastic action.
Since the pimp outfit didnt work (yes I checked your ebay history :wink: ) We need to step things up a little.

Right Mr Wheelieslug sir, We are going to need a picture.
Not naked or too smutty, just a nice headshot will do it (no not like that or like that :nono: )

Then its just a matter of a few postings on russianbrides, stalkers-reunited.org, sugardaddies.biz and she should be inundated with propositions

One national express ticket later and job done

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;452091]:haha: :haha:

I’ve not got a lot to add really, shocked that the relatives won’t take her back in. She must have really upset them. Have you spoken to them, or are you taking her word? What age are we talking here, I seem to recall it was your boy who kinda invited her over?

DT.[/QUOTE]

Worse than that, they’re phoning each other warning each other off, from the bits and pieces of skype, facebook and email I’m overhearing (she reads aloud).

Tried phoning and emailing the relatives myself - no replies. The lass turned 21 a month ago.

She does rather screech and yell a lot reading facebook or email when someone on there has a go at her. Some years since I last worked in the states, and that was New York, so I put her errrr… ‘expressive behaviour’ down to what I remember. But Perhaps not, eh?

As for my lad - he swears blind he didn’t invite her across. From what he says, he, and a mate of his who lives a couple of miles away talked to her on Facebook, and his mate offered her a room and job.

My lad says he’s found since that mate, (a total plonker ihmo), ‘didn’t expect her to take him seriously’, and worked as a cleaner in an NHS hospital at the time. He’s since been sacked for non-attendance. More, he lives with his girlfriend in a one bedroom council flat. Room, what room? When she turned up in England, he was off in Manchester at a Meat Loaf signing…

More, you aren’t allowed to work on a holiday Visa. To work on anyway in the NHS you need to go through a CRB check, which takes months for a Brit.

My experience of the young lady is that she seems to be the worlds oldest 11 year old (I have a 12 year old girl). So there’s a clue.

:smiley: Nice one MrTFwitt.

Even iv’e said ill ring the the b*****Y agency but he said no ‘work in progress’ and my ‘STEEL TO CAPS’ have suffered since she got here!!! :catfight:

I vote for the TFWitt plan! 21 should fit that bill quite nicely!

C’mon
Or tell us the facebook/twitter login…

Idea #1
Can you find out (carefully) if she’s allergic to anything … apart from leaving that is … and then gradually introduce it to her so she gets sick :sneaky:

I was thinking along the lines of Lead, Mercury, Plutonium, Paraquat, etc :smiley:

or maybe you have a friend who keeps poisonous snakes/spiders :lol:

Tell her to go out on the pull and let some other sucker get stuck with her…

Have you tried the direct approach, taking her down the plod squad office and get her arrested as an illegal? Failing that… dump all her gear outside and change all the locks. :wink:

Open door.
Boot up jacksie.
Close door.
Phone police.

[QUOTE=Walter O’Reilly;452125]Open door.
Boot up jacksie.
Close door.
Phone police.[/QUOTE]

Um. I would agree. But, a couple of months ago the lady got into a rip roaring argument with son’o’mine, where she got a bit violent. So my Bear called the police. They said there was absolutely nothing they can do do, but suggested to son’o’mine he should go to a ‘place of safety’ for a few hours - so they gave him a lift to a (policeman) friend of ours.

So Aaargh! Tho’ my lad was the adult (he’s 23) because at the time she was a few days from 21 (adult age as an American adult) HE was classed as a vulnerable adult, and the police said she was ‘a child in our care under American Law’ and therefore, I can’t chuck her out.

Border agency can’t do anything they say because she’s American. Police can’t do anything - it’s an American Embassy problem. American Embassy can’t do anything unless there’s somewhere for her to go in the States.

Seems to me the ‘relationship’ between the UK and America is one sided, and the UK Immigration policy is a joke.