Random web sites.

Decided to put my feet up and doss this afternoon while the PC and printer get on with churning out brochures. I feel i’ve done enough to justify a little feet up and surfing.
Anyway, im looking for suggestions on ‘cool’, ‘interesting’, ‘weird’, etc sites worth a look, please post your suggestions, along with a hint of the content.

i want to be entertained, not ‘lemonpartied’ ok?

:smiley:

Ah, then www.albinoblacksheep.com should keep you happy for a while :slight_smile:

joecartoon.com…just keep the sound turned down

Have a look at the pavement art on Here

Curly

boreme.com is useful as well. :smiley:

Probaly too late, but have a play with this:

http://yocum.org/baby/

Find out where you stand on the “politcal compass”.

Take 5 to 10 minutes to take the test at:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

It is easy and fun. There are no right or wrong answers, and it is not a history or a political science test.

You’ll be presented with a few dozen propositions, and with each proposition you will choose the response that best describes your feeling. Here are the 4 options for your answers, in every case:

Strongly Disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly Agree

At the end of the test, you’ll be given the compass with your own position on it.

Here’s my result:

So I’m a social libertarian (indicated by my vertical location on the lower half of the scale), but economically I’m a middle-of-the-road guy (my horizontal location is in the middle, neither left nor right).

If you take the test, it is important that you answer each item honestly. Do not choose an answer just because you think that answer will steer you toward some left or right result that you might aspire to! Forget about achieiving any specific end result, and answer each item individually on its own merits.

Then, grab a family member or co-worker that you often argue with and have that person take the test too. :slight_smile:

I came out as a social libertarian, with leftist economic tendencies, which is slightly more to the left than I would have put myself in reality. Perhaps I’m becoming more socially aware as I get older. An interesting experiment George, thanks. :thumbsup:

Interesting survey,

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08

Curly

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.41

ooooer :confused:

Economic Left/Right: -2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

I’ve no idea what it means :slight_smile:

Curly if you like the pavement art check out this guy Here A little different but good. :slight_smile:

www.liquidgeneration.com is pretty cool, theres games and the always popular “whos boobs?”

theres no nudity in case anybody is wandering :frowning:

oh… and I’m apparently a communist fascist

You’re welcome - glad you enjoyed it, Droid! It is interesting to see everybody else’s results too. :slight_smile:

rather bizzarely but kinda cool, both me and Beckie (the wife for those who dont know) got the same area and very similiar results.

To the left a bit and a couple down, same place as Gandhi and Nelson Mandella. I was a little more left than Beckie as I tend to be a bit more passionate so guessing I did strongly agree/disagree when Beckie just did agree/disagree.

Made for an interesting conversation when we both went back through and discussed the questions :smiley: :thumbsup:

DT.

http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/

This should keep you busy for a few weeks!

I tried that with Bonnie and we ended up in a rather heated discussion for a few hours. BBQ’d some steaks and opened a bottle of wine and everything was better again. I really must remember to never discuss politics or religion with her. :rolleyes:

if i understand that right, that student has made 339,000 dollars…

CBA to post the graph but looks like i’m a lefty. from the centre…6 left and 4 down.
Oh well :smiley:

you could try www.funnypart.com it has lots of funny vids like dude weres my lightsaber?