Those who used to crunch for the darkside in the last 6 months

Well, I am ashamed of my past in the darkside and I am glad I escaped the dungeons.

Who else here has escaped the darkside in the last 6 months?

I know LUC1FER, but who else?! I want to say hello to some familiar faces seen as I got banned from ‘Oh see you k?’

Yello old chums :smiley:

Speak to me!

It was probably about 6 months ago that left thier seti team but i havn’t been banned or nowt, it just wasn’t the sort of team i wanted to be in :slight_smile:

Mark II team went well but with the impending demise of seti its starting to die so i’ve moved over here where theres alot more life :cool:

Bit too “clicky” over there for me :yawn:

Outside the timeframe of your original question but I moved from over there to over here about 10 months ago.

I really like it at first, then I got all vexed over something, decided to leave seti for a few weeks and when I went back to the forums I just couldn’t believe the sudden change in tone:eek:

Had a word with Apex and well here we are:thumbsup:

Well I’m a refugee too, but from a completely different team.
I got seriously :censored: off with the attitude of some of the forumites and some blatant abuses of Moderator powers where I was and quit the whole shebang. Then Uberhill whom I work with (on the rare occasions he turns up :wink: ) said he’d just joined TPR and it was mainly Brits, so I thought I’d give it a go.
Some months later I’ve gone from about a hundred WU’s to 5000+ and I’ve got more PCs running Seti than ever before :slight_smile:

The only victim is my wallet :smiley:

me and hello :wink:

Metz2000 why did you leave and why are they the darkside??

c

I used to crunch for Ocuk until I was called a greedy, selfish fudgepacker by Spie and told that if I didn’t like it I could vote with my feet and “leave his forums”. So I posted a goodbye friend to my mates in the SETI forum there and was banned for doing so.

I’m not at all fussed about being banned as the ocuk forums have sunk to an all time low lately as far as interesting threads go. I get my entertainment mainly from the Something Awful forums nowadays and my SETI crunching fix from here. Couldn’t be happier :slight_smile:

Originally posted by pamplemoose
[B]I used to crunch for Ocuk until I was called a greedy, selfish fudgepacker by Spie and told that if I didn’t like it I could vote with my feet and “leave his forums”. So I posted a goodbye friend to my mates in the SETI forum there and was banned for doing so.

I’m not at all fussed about being banned as the ocuk forums have sunk to an all time low lately as far as interesting threads go. I get my entertainment mainly from the Something Awful forums nowadays and my SETI crunching fix from here. Couldn’t be happier :slight_smile: [/B]

no way Paul cant believe you left:(. I cant believe that you got banned for that - crazy

They have been pretty rubbish lately - I dont know why tho. I cant find anywhere with the same community spirit as there, I do like them but if there was anywhere better I’d consider going there. So is Vix posting in Ocuk as well? It seems less of the old regulars have been going lately its a bit sad:(

Originally posted by Chrisp7
Metz2000 why did you leave and why are they the darkside?

They are the darkside because it’s not a nice place to be any longer unless you have made friends with the right people. If you make one mistake with what you say you get banned - permanently.

I left because I got banned.
I was banned for moaning about someone else leaving the team. He left and basically said ‘I’m leaving cos I fcuking hate crunching SETI WUs now, it’s got so boring’. He then basically slagged the forums off. I tried to defend the forums and told him if he wanted to leave he should just leave (and I used a mad smiley) … following on from my post the tables turned and everyone was moaning at me for having a go at someome slagging off the forums… I was confused, tried to defend myself then and then the person who said he was leaving decided not to and then also proceeded to slag me off.

This totally ragged on me, I got banned for defend the forums… hmm, go figure.

That’s the short story… but it basically sums it up.

I was also moaned at by Feek because I orignally came from a ‘competitor’ and he was very concerned that I might leave, basically saying I shouldn’t have gone to OcUK from a competitor.

Other people said they never liked me because I was ‘too enthusiastic’… ok. :frowning:

[B]no way Paul cant believe you left:( Mind you I can understand why, Spie was well well off posting what he did. I cant believe that YOU got banned for that - ridiculous.

They have been pretty rubbish lately - I dont know why tho. I cant find anywhere with the same community spirit as there, I do like them but if there was anywhere better I’d consider going there. So is Vix posting in Ocuk as well? It seems less of the old regulars have been going lately its a bit sad:( [/B]

Lo mate :slight_smile:

Vix hasn’t posted on OCUK for a while now I don’t think, although she’s resisted the urge to get herself banned as it’s useful having at least one member of the house with access to the search function :smiley:

But yeah I know what you mean about the community thing, this time last year (after the first camden meet up) there was a real sense of community on the boards, you felt as if everyone knew each other. Just isn’t like that at all now as most of the people from a year ago hardly post and GD is filled with people who type in “txt” form :frowning:

'Tis a shame really.

[B]Metz2000 why did you leave and why are they the darkside??

c [/B]

join us, you know you wanna :wink: :slight_smile: :wave: :wiggle:

ps: if you do no david hasselfofeen sigs allowed :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by LUC1FER
[B]join us

no david hasselfofeen sigs allowed :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

I think we can make and exception for a new joiner :wink: …as long as it’s hasselhoff dressed up as yoda or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by metz2000
I think we can make and exception for a new joiner :wink: …as long as it’s hasselhoff dressed up as yoda or something

not when you see it :scared: mr david nakid with a puppy on his coughs:smackbum:

Hello Metz… The Grim Fiend here! :wave:

Well I was on the Darkside and got banned by the Dictator because I stood up for Pamplemoose… and I wasn’t the only one banned for standing up for him…

The Dictator has upset a lot of people, many of whom are leaving after the current league races and International Gauntlet against Seti@NL and the Germans are finished! I couldn’t wait that long!

I feel a lot more at home over here and am glad that I sought political asylum here… And besides I got sick of seeing that huge smiley and that awful banana cake! :puke:

Give me the Custard anyday!!!:bounce:

Metz… be prepared to see a lot of familiar faces here

Here your free :D, This Team was born from The Darkside and
a couple of others, thats why you don’t see many others
answering here. We are good friends with many teams though :smiley:

TPR is all about fun.

@Pamplemoose

I haven’t been there for a while but thought I’d nip over and take a look, prompted by this thread.

Wow:scared:

Talk about dictatorial, things have definitely changed since I was there, with a couple of exta forums, in one of which I found this.

“The same goes for anyone allowing a banned or suspended member access via their account. Don’t jeopardise your account by allowing a suspended member access.”

So you might want to tread carefully there mate as they seem to be completely deaf to any form of appeal.

/Edit. Now don’t take this the wrong way;) but shouldn’t this thread actually be in the Cantina, for general discussion?:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Originally posted by dalethfc
[B]Here your free :D, This Team was born from The Darkside and
a couple of others, thats why you don’t see many others
answering here. We are good friends with many teams though :smiley:

TPR is all about fun. [/B]
Mr Dale is right, this Team was formed when a group of us broke away from OcUK in Oct 2001 after a lot of sh!t happened… you’ll find we still know quite a few bods over there but tbh a vast majority of the OcUK crunchers are new faces, I don’t recognise hardly any of the active crunchers any more. It’s your right to stay or go, we respect your right to be “over enthusiastic” here and don’t give a stuff where you come from :wink:

Live long and prosper :smiley:

Originally posted by TheFiend(TPR)
[B]The Dictator has upset a lot of people, many of whom are leaving after the current league races and International Gauntlet against Seti@NL and the Germans are finished! I couldn’t wait that long!

I feel a lot more at home over here and am glad that I sought political asylum here…
[/B]

:Pimp:

They’re always welcome here :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Bob-A-Job

/Edit. Now don’t take this the wrong way;) but shouldn’t this thread actually be in the Cantina, for general discussion?:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Help help! I’m being repressed! :smiley:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I thought that was what the Borg did to others matey?

Nice try:p