Time to power up those crunchers for Folding

https://foldingathome.org/2020/02/27/foldinghome-takes-up-the-fight-against-covid-19-2019-ncov/

“Folding@home is joining researchers around the world working to better understand the 2019 Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) to accelerate the open science effort to develop new life-saving therapies.”

Give those miners a rest and give a helping hand!

DT.

Hey DT, I re-joined Rosetta with my PC

i9 9900KF
64GB Ram
RTX 2060 Super OC

Is Folding a better option?

I have changed to Folding client but it wont use my GPU

nice to see you Jugster!!

Not sure why folding isn’t using the 2060 though :frowning: strange

DT.

Hey DT, it has been a while.

I am confused as to why it doesn’t work. I used the latest version and got the GPU.txt file with the right GPU’s in it. Quite odd.

I should probably use the commandline anyway. Got any tips and tricks for best results?

Finally got it up and running, looks like it didn’t like being installed as a service, may also have clashed with the BOINC client as after I removed it it was fine.

Looks good for around 145 000 points per day at the moment

aha - I think I remember reading that in the installer when I returned a unit or two, service doesn’t work with GPU.

Yeah, seems that way, all is good now. Just waiting for my NZXT Kraken X63 to arrive so I can keep the CPU cool at 5ghz

So, I guess we don’t do stomp warnings anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

LOL

Some nice arrows there on the stats page :smiley:

ok, time to protect my position - the DT 1070 crew are powering up

Heh heh, if only they had enough work to go around. This COVID-19 scare has got every man and his dog folding which is a good thing obviously

I briefly considered buying an RTX 2080TI Gaming OC specifically for this but if my 2060 cannot get work that will make no difference at all.

PS, I sincerely doubt your position is in danger :stuck_out_tongue:

assignment servers are basically being overloaded with connection attempts, the work does come if you just leave it alone, you just have to get lucky and get a gap in the queue.

Yeah, figured that out eventually

Jeepers DT, what on earth do you have in your basement?

2 well clocked 1070’s running at the moment, with at least one still in a cupboard switched off :mechanical_arm: :muscle:

//edit the RX480 picked up a couple of units as well overnight

1 Like

I do find it quite interesting how you seem to be getting more work than me.

Do you have any advice?

I’m doing nothing special, the machines have just been left to churn through units. I’ve read on some forums people are hitting pause then fold in order to make the client reconnect to find a WU, but I’ve not got the time for that, I’ve just left the client active and let it do it’s thing.

Current folders:
Rig1 = 2x memory clocked up a tad 1070 8Gb
Rig2 = RX480 8Gb
Rig3 = Added last night to try and get a million in a day the home stock clocks 1070 8Gb

Still considering to add, another stock clocked 1070 that’s not been powered a while since son is away and my laptop with the 2070.

Note I’ve removed the CPU slots on all my machines, so maybe it talking “less” due to that causes me to get a perceived better response for GPU wu?

hth

DT.

Nice, thanks

What are your 1070’s doing on average per day?

difficult to say as they are all idle at the moment!