Time to power up those crunchers for Folding

nailed it!

03.19.20 1,254,909 points 17 units

to think, back in the days of the farm, I wonder how many days that would have taken

Removing CPU slots seems to have made things better as I am getting work pretty much all day

Thanks for the advice :+1:

Geez, that is a cracker. NICE

Still interested in your 1070 daily production. My 2060 Super is doing maybe 175k a day roughly.

I remember in the old days I ran probably 5 or 6 machines on CPU work only for quite some time and only got just over 1 million points in total. I’ve done 1.6 million in roughly 2 weeks on a GPU

That is almost 74 000 points per unit, hectic

one 1070 I just watched do a 120K unit in just under 5hours

WTH? Biggest unit I have received is 38000 points. I don’t understand why my 2060 Super is doing so much less than your 1070’s and it is faster in all benchmarks.

1070 1920 CUDA cores, 2060 2176 CUDA cores. My GPU clock is 1920 MHZ.

Bizarre

Are you using the standard GUI client or is there a command line one I am missing?

And now I know why, I do not have a passkey :frowning:

My RTX 2060 Super looks to do 1.2 million points per day now… Woohoo or should I say wuhu

1 Like

Wuhu indeed more points for the team!

1 Like

And with a 2070 Super inbound will also make a few more…

Nice milestone there DeeTee, 100 million points.

Congratulations

Yay, machines starved of work again now by the looks of it.

Yeah, I find after around 6 or 7PM I get no work so I reboot my machine in the morning and it drops the retry interval from hours to minutes. It then picks up work.

The pause/resume worked a few times for me - even more must be hammering the servers now - I can see my machines have done the odd one or two units here and there.

If only I had setup remote access :frowning: :doh:

I see my daily production is higher than yours.

Ek kom vir jou DT… :stuck_out_tongue:

it does seem that “inactive” machines are getting less work :frowning:

I had to go collect the 2factor thing from office yesterday and machines are on and full of logs for no work :frowning:

ERROR:WU00:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment

@PMM you are about to get some Jugs on ya head …

Hahahaha, if only I had known about this passkey thing when I started I would have had way more points.

I was about to purchase a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC but the delivery charges from Amazon at the moment are insane. Prices have been hiked as well. Usual was around $500 now they’re almost $700 with $280 delivery

CRAZY!!!

Think my Crunching days are over :frowning: So Thumbs up to Juggy :+1: :grinning:

Hey PMM, I thought the same and hadn’t participated in years but this lock down virus debacle has got me looking for ways to help and also keep the brain busy

I have used my essential travel today to go fetch a work computer for the better half from the office. Comes under work that could not be done from home.

That may have also assisted while I was there to setup remote access to the two folding machines to pause/unpause them to prevent the download timeouts getting enormous! Time to next try to get a unit on one of the machines was up to 14hours.

DT.