Time to power up those crunchers for Folding

looks like @STEP2000 needs a stomp warning

Wow, I see your output has jumped today, nice one :+1:

@STEP2000 STOMPIO in ~5 days

Wuhu… 10 million points!!!

1 Like

teeeheee - loving my output level now I can reset the network timeout remotely with the odd occasional pause/fold reset :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wuhu, i’ll do my first 1+ million points in a day today.

Dee Tee, have you considered using this advanced client optoin?

next-unit-percentage 90

Basically it starts looking for a new WU when the current one is at 90%

Tried the 90 option but the amount of time it took to start the WU lost me some points so I settled on 95

that’s a new one on me - I have units awaiting upload now, something went wrong last night and although I had a good day, it appears to be a one off and I’m back to not much today

I noticed the stats are a bit buggered at the moment. Should catch up soon hopefully

Hey Guy (STEP2000- Greg) here. Doing Folding now and wondering how to enable or force GPU . I have switched to ATI GPU’s all 570/580 cards and would like to force those to work over CPU only. What are the steps if someone would be so kind! Thanks and keep save all!

Hey Step, nice to see you again. So if you install the F@H client it should see your GPU automatically. If not you can go to Configure->Slots->Add and add your GPU’s to your config. You can also remove your CPU from the slots to ensure it is available to feed work to your GPU’s

Make sure you have the latest AMD drivers as well.

Thanks will try that today when I head into the home office.

Well tried remove of CPU and nothing happened. I guess they are limited on work units so put back CPU into mix - some is better than nothing.

Strange, I have not had any problems getting GPU WU’s in the last week to 10 days.

Oh, have you set folding power to full in the client GUI?

just making sure you didn’t install as a service? GPU doesn’t work then.

Past few days I’ve not had to do much to keep the wu’s flowing, a very occasional pause and restart to lower the retry counter, but not even close to as often as was needed a week or so ago.

DT.

1 Like

Good point DT

Looks like things are working now as today lots of points and wu’s seem to be working better. I may bring a few more stations back online if I get a new extended contract. Lots of people are idle around here and hours have been cut in half for work at home. So need to watch the electric bill a little now but if all goes maybe more systems will be turned back on. To all my M8’s be safe and I guess enjoy the family time for me this is my vacation time as doing little work isn’t what I like! BUSY is BEST

Be safe too my friend, these are difficult times indeed. Health and happiness to you, your family, loved ones and friends

Ordered a Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Windforce OC from Amazon. My numbers will be jumping significantly in the next 2 weeks.