TPR rally to achieve #1 in Docking

For anyone who has not been following THIS THREAD, teams Knights Who Say Ni and Musketeers have joined forces with us to help TPR achieve the much coveted #1 spot in Docking! We tried before with the help of Serious Crunchers, but fell short of having the crunching power to overtake Planet 3DNow (although we did get top spot in RAC :wink: ).

We have another chance to gain that oh-so-elusive top position and the time has come to make the push! Iā€™m calling on everyone who can contribute their CPUs to Docking. Letā€™s rally for TPR and for the science!

So, what say you TPR? Shall we give this one more shot?

Nice call EGAD!
I have also messaged DT to see if an e-mail could be sent out to all TPR members to rally the troops!
Hope our third try is the charm, that #1 spot has been so tough to achive.

If I can remember my login Iā€™ll throw my only current active cruncher on it for a bit :slight_smile:

mass email sent :xfinger: we get some response and push some numbers out - the i7 statistics tab of Boinc is quite fun at the moment :lol:

Remember to use the FaceBook like button on the thread as well, will publish a link to here on your FaceBook, no harm in aiming at new members as well :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve done mine as

Docking@Home is a project which uses Internet-connected computers to perform scientific calculations that aid in the creation of new and improved medicines.

DT.

Thanks DT

If someone can tell me how to get Boinc working correctly on Win 7 machines without the user having admin rights i can prob add 100 machines or so.

(I am global admin but the users (scum :-/) are not ) :catfight:

Iā€™m getting project down messages at the moment :frowning:

12/07/2011 21:03:41|Docking|Sending scheduler request: Requested by user
12/07/2011 21:03:41|Docking|Requesting 345600 seconds of new work
12/07/2011 21:03:46|Docking|Scheduler RPC succeeded
12/07/2011 21:03:46|Docking|Message from server: Project is temporarily shut down for maintenance
12/07/2011 21:03:46|Docking|Deferring communication for 1 hr 0 min 0 sec
12/07/2011 21:03:46|Docking|Reason: project is down

Glumface

Just had a short run of duff units - failed after a few seconds - and not just my machines, they might just be sorting that out.:xfinger:

seems the machine has units now :woot:

Server2008 deployment needed Judge with Roaming Profiles? I seem to recall reading something about that on one of the boinc dev emails. I know in some cases to do such a thing you need to use an old installer, the ones that ran with data and exe in one place and as a service. Iā€™ll hunt and play tomorrow :smiley:

DT.

Iā€™m still in and my AMD dual core is still slowly ticking away OK on my 32 bit WinXP. Is it the 64 bit OS problem rearing its ugly head again?

hmm, seems the update missed a few bits and bobs ā€¦ missing icons in the new swanky message interface :frowning:

brb

:slight_smile:

DT.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;461157]Server2008 deployment needed Judge with Roaming Profiles? I seem to recall reading something about that on one of the boinc dev emails. I know in some cases to do such a thing you need to use an old installer, the ones that ran with data and exe in one place and as a service. Iā€™ll hunt and play tomorrow :smiley:
DT.[/QUOTE]

Doesnā€™t the current installer have that? Thatā€™s how I have my work system set up. Clicking the advanced button during setup allows you to specify where the exe and data are stored (I use custom locations), and you can install as a serviceā€¦ although they donā€™t call it that anymore. The service install creates a BOINC user account on the local system for managing the service permissions. The only problem Iā€™ve had is the service log on default of specifying the BOINC user account will sometimes cause the service to fail to start. If I switch the service log on (second service tab) to use ā€œlocal system accountā€ then the problem goes away entirely.

If he has 100 machines, a install script with those customizations would come in handy. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s doable or not.

Sorry if there are server issues. It might be the Knights trying to all connect at once and overloading the poor servers. Especailly if we forget to warn the people running the projects that they are in our sights. Several projects have requested that they be forewarned before we rig, I mean have democratic, elections.

Ni Ni

Also I thought you were are sworn alpaca enemies?

There are also some folks from Seti.USA that have come over to play as well

:thumbsup: The folk from Seti.USA are most welcome!

TPR crunched 437K yesterday + 317K 2 days ago.
Planet 3DNow crunched 160K yesterday + 200K 2 days ago.
Positive TPR shrubbation of 394K in 2 days!

OK, Iā€™ll chip in with my ageing office HP workstation providing it can be set to run out of hours only.
Never docked so Iā€™ll need some linkies posted and likely some hand holding.

XP32, Quad 2.5 Xeon, 4GB, ATI V5600 graphics. Whatā€™s the best set up for this?

Ta

Tim.

Ah, itā€™s BOINC now, havenā€™t contributed to that for years. Lost my ID and changed email address. How can I get it.

PM sent, as admin of the seti team I can see the email used there for boinc :slight_smile:

Install the new boinc, itā€™ll ask if you want to join a project when it starts, select Docking@Home, youā€™ll be creating a new account I think. Preferences can be set to run at specific timeframes in the boinc client.

Got to run now, sorry for the very short version :smiley:

DT.

spammer mode enabled :smiley:

DT.

[QUOTE=Sir LanDroid;461177]TPR crunched 437K yesterday + 317K 2 days ago.
Planet 3DNow crunched 160K yesterday + 200K 2 days ago.
Positive TPR shrubbation of 394K in 2 days![/QUOTE]

Now those are some serious :kickbum: numbers !

:Pimp: DT another great job. :Pimp:

Itā€™s great to see some excietment back on the forums and the stats.