What annoyed me today...

What annoyed me today : Coming into work because its apparently better if I do and sharing an open plan office with SIX entirely separate conference calls on speaker phones.

What really annoyed me today : My MP3 player is taking ages to charge so I cant even drown it all out with Linkin Park, yet.
If it doesn’t get to two bars soon I may load up the not suitable for work Buffy Keyboard, wedge down the M key and just go for a walk.

Is Scunthorping some sort of euphemism ?

what annoyed me today :frowning:

waking up with two black eyes, a headache from hell. Sinus time again then :frowning:

DT.

You been out visiting the shady bits of town again ?

Is your wallet suspiciously empty?
Do your hands smell of Kebab or errm… Yeah, lets stop there :smiley:

Checking my blog at 05:30 am and finding a load of comments on a post, from my brother. Who died 2 years ago aged 41. T***ts.:frowning:

Discovering a *.mod file last night that I wrote in 1993, converted to *.mp3, © tagged with someone else’s name. Sure, I released it into the wild on a bullitin board way back, but, Grrr…:furious:

Re:- Swearing. Looking over my lads shoulder the other night, noticed he was on a server that converted the most common swear words into something amusing. B****r became ‘beer’ for instance. Just a thought

What annoyed me today :frowning:

Changing the rear disks and pads on my old Octavia
I’ve got some pretty good tools but it fought me all the way. Everything was too tight, rusted or inaccessible without taking something else off. Having got it apart, the calliper piston wouldn’t retract as it should so off with that and into the garage. Started at 12:00 finished one side by 4:00. Now the disk is running out by 10 thou so I’m going to have to take it off and turn it on the hub.
The really annoying part is that it looks and should be an easy job. Think I’m loosing it.

Thanks for listening :smiley:

Got the other one to do tomorrow :frowning:

well, this is now the third day of painful pressure behind the eyes type headaches :frowning:

Two viewings today booked for the LandRover, neither have turned up, both have call ten minutes before turning up to offer a very silly low offer that I could beat by just selling the wheels seperately :frowning: :mad:

DT.

Going to Tesco, debating which DVD type to +/- before finally choosing one and getting home to find that both my Dad’s external DVD writer and my brothers internal DVD writer can both only write + DVD’s and I’d bought -.

Wasted DVD’s now as Tesco probably wont take them back as I’ve opened them :frowning:

My daughter.

man flu.

That is all.

17hour shift

DT.

Jobcentre :frowning:

Ubuntu version of Thunderbird (avaliable via repositories) is nobbled and whilst it allows lightning to be installed, it wont allow it to create a new calender making it useless.
Adding lightning via the repos allows it to be used, however it’s version 0.8 (old) which is incompatible with Google Calander provider.

Thus Thunderbird will have to be installed via a tar.gz from the site. - Pain to sort out and no automatic updates.

EDIT - Removed Thunderbird via Synaptic.
Messed about with the tar.gz version from the site and got annoied so reverted to the synaptic, content to not get any google functionality so reinstall from Synaptic.

Suddenly EVERYTHING works.!! What?!:shrug:
Linux quirks:sigh: wouldn’t change it for the world:D

At work 2 to 10 today, so at 12:00 I nip upstairs for a shower & shave …

turn shower on, get kit off, jump in shower and get wet, reach for shower gel, shower stops :eek:

no amount of thumping & swearing would get it to go again :sigh:

I guess I should be glad that it happened before I covered myself in shower gel :slight_smile:

so, Sunday worked for approx an extra £100 in the pay packet minus the cost of a new shower … net gain = bugger all :whiteflag:

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;434307]man flu.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Whats still annoying me is getting back from my holiday and still coughing up blood and assorted debris.

The only consolation is the distinct chance of having passed it to lots of French people.
Push in front of me in a queue and I will sneeze into your hair, shrug and mutter pardon unconvincingly.

NOBODY SHOULD EVER BOTHER WITH EURODISNEY

Every morning the best rides dont work, the fast pass machines will eat your park entrance tickets and everything is a “Problem technicale” rather than the more believable explanation of “We cannot be arsed”

</rosbeef>

Only getting 6th place in Blood Gulch playing HALO on line. I was at 2nd place for a while, then got trashed :frowning:

Todays annoyance :

I went to extract the Daihatsu from the front garden for a welding quote, battery has lost interest but no real suprise there.
What has made me extremely fed up up is the bloody great crack thats appeared in the windscreen while its been sat there doing nothing at all.
Can you guess the level of windscreen cover it has ?

bottoms

DT.

Squirrels – all of my wired network went belly up for the last few days . went up into the loft and found chewed cables and a nest - now all repaired and their access hole blocked up.

Maybe you should build a Squirrel catapult!
Its on Youtube but I wont bother linking to it as it seems to be forever posted and then taken down again.

Getting yet another half dead computer from friends to fix - God I’m sick of the sight of limping virus-riddled computers which have been “sorted” by “a mate” who “knows about these things”. Doesn’t know enough to leave well alone when he hasn’t the faintest idea what he’s doing then… :realmad: