What annoyed me today...

What Mojo said !!!

Apple didn’t make I Pods waterproof!
See: http://forums.teamphoenixrising.net/showpost.php?p=434662&postcount=52

Oops!! These things happen. :eek:

Got a 100Gb 2.5" IDE hard drive for free (well used my trade in voucher for Computer Exchange) and get home to find I don’t have any screwdrivers with which to remove the old hard drive from my external drive!

M&S Chicken Kiev

Fresh out of the Oven so about 200’c, garlic butter bukkake.

Ouch

I think they use that as nuclear plasma don’t they :smiley:

works laptop went tit’s up, having a rebuild done on it and forgotten some of the stuff on it that I needed to keep!

The extra postage for A4 size letters. Wonder how many applications/CV’s I sent off with the incorrect postage on :frowning:

(Luckily not many I believe…thanks to email…)

Couldn’t sleep at all today, gotta go in for a long shift tonight and I’m pooped.

Oh no Martin :frowning: Hope you get a 2nd wind through the night and a good sleep tomorrow! At least you won’t be in tomorrow night :slight_smile:

Trying to setup and use an Amazon S3 account for personal off site backup.

Results - Lots of hair tearing and in the end I give up. Currently all the tools I’ve tried for linux have flaws. The best option was the S3Fox plugin for Firefox but that cant be used in a command line shell script.

In the end, it offers a lot of promise, but it’s a pain in the backside to store it. even the decent looking duplicity failed.

It’s a shame I cant find the linux based host that offered cheap offsite backup again :frowning: - VPS seem far to expensive - £15 a month when I estimated storage on Amazon would cost me £0.60 a month!

A little wind, but I think that was the pork pie. Pub tonight until midnight-ish will sleep until opening time :smiley:

Or more precisely, One pikey walking his horse and cart loaded with assorted scrap.

Why would this annoy me?

Think rush hour on a busy A road with lots of trucks then imagine the chaos a flaming tribute to Steptoe and son could cause by just ambling along.

This bunch.:furious:

Could all be solved by the fitment of a narrow kitchen door

You sir, have just cheered me up :thumbsup:

Just broke my favorite coffee cup!
I have passed out about 8 times in the last 24 hours… err I am so beaten up I look like I have been mugged, but worst of all… I broke my freaking coffee cup!
Heidi

Today I am annoyed by progress and technology.

After years of faithful service I have finally shelved the P3/500 I use at work and swapped it for a comparatively rip snorting (but cast aside for newer shiny toys) P4 2Ghz.

Raaaah!

In goes FC-10 and I use it for a few weeks gradually adding packages as I need them.

I decided to have a play with virtual servers and set about yum’ing stuff as google dictated but not having much success getting any virtual servers to build.
A bit more googling and it seems the preferred route for Virtualisation under FC-10 is Xen.

Great, yum does its thang and I have Xen.

Still no joy, more googling ensues.
Ah, the latest virtualisation requires hardware support and this processor doesn’t have SVM or VMX capability.

:frowning:

Yet again technology has outclassed the hardware.

Trusting garages to to a job properly.

Been a bit poorly this week so I just sent the MG down to the garage on Saturday to get the suspension height adjusted. It came back 25mm too high. Camber angles all over the place resulting in me getting pi$$ed all over at Silverstone today.

Bad workman - Tools - Moi :wink:

Damn it. Now I’ve gone and posted on the wrong post :lol:

Moved it for you Balrog :wink: