What annoyed me today...

When my system only showed half its memory the fault was due to magic smoke escaping from one of the DIMM slots when the PSU threw a wobbly.

Rest of the board still works though but its on borrowed time now, capacitors are all seeping and bulging.

Finding out I am not getting paid my triple time and double time for working Xmas day and Boxing Day… :furious:

This is the second time during the last 4 years that this has happened… The wages are going to get a a phone call off a rather unhappy employee on Monday!!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gLXgTe6g4uXwGaHBcoXAK7U8yDJg?docId=N0906901330936727980A

right Mr Achmed, you’ve been positively identified on 17 cctv cameras and by 104 eye witnesses, so we know you did it.
I’m pleased to say you are free to go … and we’re fast tracking your claim for £17,500,000 because one of our forensic officers looked on your computer, the cheque will be with you shortly.

The Government are pleased to announce they will be opening all national parks to facilitate better camping sites for travelers. Any lead, copper, vehicles, electrical equipment, wildlife and trees on these sites will henceforth become the property of said travelers, to dispose of as they wish.

I sometimes wish the bloody Germans had won the war :frowning:

oh yeah, another political post DT :lol:

What really annoyed me today …

getting a letter stating I can’t apply for the state pension until 6 months after my 65th birthday :wolram:

I remember when I signed up for this work malarkey that the age was 65, knowing what I know now I wish I’d never bothered :cussing:

Apply with a post dated form

[QUOTE=wolram;463467]
I remember when I signed up for this work malarkey that the age was 65, knowing what I know now I wish I’d never bothered :cussing:[/QUOTE]

Yep… when I signed up to this work malarkey my retirement age was 60 with my state pension getting paid from 65…

Now after years of grafting and paying Income Tax and National Insurance my state pension age has been put back to 67!! :furious:

Roll on the next budget… no doubt I’ll get anally raped again by ConDems as they abolish the 50% tax bracket but then lower the 40% threshold even lower to pay for it…

I think it’s time to start stashing more in my pension fund to drop me below that 40% threshold… :Plot:

Petrol hoarding numpties, stop doing it.

Lets see, some budget changes, how can we distract people from that and how it will affect them.
Hmmm, I know lets create a panic buying spree on fuel just before the year end, should boos the tax coffers quite nicely.

THERE IS NO FUEL STRIKE YOU SHAMBLING BUNCH OF IDIOTS
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/union-rules-easter-fuel-delivery-strike-095108081.html

They have to give seven days warning and this kind of muppetry is a result of the panic

April fools day is closing in but you are not supposed to start the jokes before then

We really are a nation of morons. There are a million things wrong with the world but all we seem to be able to get upset about is a fictional (for the moment) fuel stike and the fact a hot pasty is going to cost a few more pence. :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

BS

if I can’t get lucky and find diesel tonight, I’ve got 240 miles to do at 56mph :frowning:

If I can, it’ll take a considerable amount of time off the journey !!

I almost got into a fight getting petrol last night. I queued and filled up, went to pay and found 1 till out of order making me queue to pay. I picked up a Mars bar at the checkout, paid my bill and walked to my car where I wa told in a sarcastic way to take my time by the git behind me. Trying to explain the till being broken was useless so I explained using numerous rude words how he he was a proficient solo ononist and to go and have sex with himself. I then took his advice and made him wait whilst I settled into my seat, adjusted my mirror and generally took my time before moving off. Some people need to have a bit more patience and check facts befor speaking. W@nk3r!!

Plusnet have been removed from my christmas card list for the moment.
In short, the good old T’Interweb was plodding along, then it just stopped.

I tried all the usual things, just the adsl router on the main socket, swapped the microfilter/splitter around.
Then I phoned them up to be bombarded with hold music interspersed with “Did you know you can check faults online at www.wot-no-flaming-internet.com”, helpful that, I’ll have a look as soon as its working.

In fairness I have a 3G dongle that gets a laptop connected so I went and bought a 3G hotspot router that does the job fairly well. It needed a firmware upgrade from the beta firmware section to work with a Vodafone K3770 but work it did.

I really wanted a Billion BiPac but they didnt have one and I needed something off the shelf to work today.

Plus net advised:-

• Get another microfilter even though I had tried a fresh out of the bag one
  • Get another router
  • If it still didnt work and the fault was my wiring I could expect to be billed £60
  • It would be 72 hours before an engineer was available

Oh

Once back on the net I had a look round plusnets site

Broadband network outage - Faraday (70911) - UPDATE

02/04/2012 @ 12:47

This is an update to Friday evening’s post about the major service outage that has left our broadband network out of balance over the weekend.

All customers should now be able to get back online, however despite our best efforts on Friday, some customers are likely to have experienced performance and speed issues over the weekend. This due to some areas of our network being oversubscribed whilst others are undersubscribed.

To further redress this problem, our engineers will be briefly disconnecting a number of customers from the Internet throughout the duration of the afternoon. We have also requested that our suppliers make some temporary changes on our behalf to help bring things back into balance.

If you suspect that you’re suffering slow speeds due to these problems then a quicker resolution might be for you to force a disconnection/reconnection yourself.

We’ll leave this Service Status thread open whilst we monitor the platform and will provide another update tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Bob Pullen
Customer Support

There isnt much point telling me to look at the fault status update sites if your own support staff dont bother checking them.

I asked if they would be paying me £60 if I bought a router I didnt need and the fault was theirs ?
They replied by closing the ticket.

oh dear, I’ve had the same from BT and Virgin though, so it’s not just the one isp that does it

Drove 150 odd miles no probs for work today and then two miles from home, ran slowly into the back of a Mini in the rain. :rolleyes: Only cracked a number plate myself, but the Mini has a bit of a dented boot now. I love Volvos…

Bigsheff and his Voodoo effigy annoyed me today.

I think I have a splinter of Ford/VAG/Mazda after swapping the Galaxy gearbox.

This splinter is in my thumb but is next to invisble so I believe its more plausible that Bigsheff has made a Voodoo effigy and has stuck in pin in its thumb becuase of this

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;463654]Dear Santa,

Plese send Bigsheff a pair of these.
They dont offer much protection but wearing two should keep him out of mischief

[/QUOTE]

Please pull the pin out so that I can resume all the things that require opposable thumbs like Ps3

Cars and work and bank holiday weekends annoyed me.

I get an email asking me to go to a customer site.
Ok
Jump in car, buy petrol, rattle down the road with drum and bass fighting to drown out the engine

Ahh, upon entering a series of sweeping bends I find I have a dashboard full of warning lights and no power steering, oh joy!
Wait in the services for a van with flashing lights

Towed home and ordered the spare part on the way over the phone.

Borrow another car, having parted with more money to dayinsure it I set off again.

A text arrives so I pull into the very same services I was just towed home from and make a phone call.

“no need to go now, its all fixed and they have gone home as its a bank holiday weekend”

So I have been nowhere, done nothing and it has cost me a small fortune to do so.

I bought a Euro millions ticket on the way back, maybe lady luck will try and even things up for me later.

Santander bank have really managed to annoy me now, its Natwest’s fault too but the smarmy bint I had the displeasure of speaking to in regard to an almost complete lack of internet banking tipped the blame-o-meter directly towards Satander.

My company bank account was moved as a result of a branch sale to ownership by Snotender, or something like that.
I’m not entirely sure how, why or even when this was agreed but its been rumbling along unstoppably for over a year with no opportunity to say no and promises of uninterrupted, faultless service so no need to worry.

In the meantime people, probably with pony-tails, personal hygiene issues and a fear of sunlight have been working on the migration of account details to Santander and setting up internet banking to work seamlessly.

Only its not seamless, you norsed it up completely you shuffling bunch of feckless demi-wits.

When I try and transfer money, the payee is not listed.
When I try and add the relevant account it fails because the payee already exists.
Apparently the only way to fix it is to delete and re-create all the payee details manually, wasn’t the malodourous pony tailed gimp supposed to have been doing that as part of operation AgaDoo2 (1)?

For a double whammy I will need the Santander cards and card readers to setup the new details, are they here ?
Nope

And the final low blow, they did the same to the customer trying to pay me.
So just before the long jubilee weekend a Spanish bank has tried to throw everything into chaos by disrupting corporate bank accounts.
:mad:

SO!
Time for a bit of revenge.
If you have ever had a Santander loan, dig out the paperwork and see if there was any PPI on it and phone them up
Santander PPI claims department

Then if that turns up nothing, set the no-win no fee mob on them, all of them, there must be hundreds of PPI vulture companies out there waiting to try and peck out their eyes.

(1) The spitting image parody The chicken song contains the words “Hold a chicken in the air” which is a likely translation of “Make a cock up”

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;464042]Santander bank have really managed to annoy me now, its Natwest’s fault too but the smarmy bint I had the displeasure of speaking to in regard to an almost complete lack of internet banking tipped the blame-o-meter directly towards Satander.

My company bank account was moved as a result of a branch sale to ownership by Snotender, or something like that.
I’m not entirely sure how, why or even when this was agreed but its been rumbling along unstoppably for over a year with no opportunity to say no and promises of uninterrupted, faultless service so no need to worry."[/QUOTE]

I would personally ask for a copy of the paperwork you signed that confirmed you wanted your company accounts moved between banks. A sale of premises does not consitute an agreement on the sale of business accounts between different banks.

What might have happened is that RBS sold off part of the business that dealt with business accounts, of which yours was included. Before this can be done, each company has to be notified of the intended sale and possible impacts to their business. As part of the notification, you should have been informed when the sale was taking place, and what other options your company had prior to the sale going through. You should have probably been given 3 - 6 months notice of this.

If they cannot provide the paperwork that you (or the owner / senior representative authorised to make those kind of decisions) signed, then I would contact them, give them 30 days to sort it out, provide adequate compensation, or threaten to see them in court. This in theory can be done through a small claims court (dependant on the £ involved), and you can issue a summons against any person (used to be about £87 - I’d go for the chairperson of both banks) for them to argue the case). Undoubtedly they probably won’t turn up and as such the claim will default in your favour!

Just a thought

my turn for banks, HSBC business account to be precise.

Statement turns up with a new line, a charge for “FGN Payment Limit”, which from a quick google is a service for sending money internationally. Ten minute phone call and it’s removed “you would have been sent a letter”, I may have been sent it, I didn’t get it!!

Truly amazing, but a massive heads up for all HSBC business account holders.

DT.

The pharmacist at my local Boots…

We’re off to Thailand on Monday and my daughter went to the doctors for the necessary vaccinations she needed for the trip. Our doctor gave her a prescription for some anti-malarial tablets.

Went to the Boots pharmacy and the jobsworth pharmacist refused to issue her with the tablets… quoting those tablets were on a “blacklist” and the doctor would get in trouble for prescribing them on the NHS. He said we should go back to the doctor and get him to change them to a private prescription ( the tablets would cost us £60). :furious:

After a quick search on the net i found some Doctors would prescribe them on the NHS if he thought the patient was at risk, and it also suggested not all pharmacies would refuse to issue the tablets. :Plot:

There’s a pharmacy round the corner from where I live,so I thought i would try there… result… no problemo!!! :smiley:

“Boots the Chemist” is now blacklisted by me!!!

I think I still have a pack of malorone around somewhere …